Rocking curls and natural hair styles is always in style. However, to keep your crown healthy and beautiful, you must keep it moisturized. If your curls are dry they may become brittle and break off. One of the most productive and easiest ways to moisturize your hair is by using the LOC method. The LOC method is an acronym for the Liquid, Oil, and Cream Method. The method focuses on adding moisture to your hair. It is best to use a water based leave-in conditioner, oil, and a cream.
When the hair is over-exposed to harsh chemicals, such as dyes, bleach, or treatments such as perming solutions or straightening relaxers, or in some case, during many years of washing with manufactured shampoos, it can have a traumatic effect on the follicles. Chemical treatments burn the scalp causing hair follicle to shrink and grow thinner hair and if a scar forms over the hair follicle the hair will not grow at all. This type of styling damage is known as ‘chemical trauma’.
Water based moisturizers maintain your hair’s moisture. They also prove to seal the moisture into your hair throughout days and even weeks. Leave-in conditioner is a must-have hair care product in your beauty bag. But if you really want to pamper your hair and spare your tresses the harsh chemicals found in most store-bought products, then these DIY leave-in conditioner recipes and tutorials are the way to go. No more wasting ton of money on hair salon with beauty moisturized routine monthly, now with these leave-in conditioner, your hair is shiny and bouncy and enriched with nutrition 24 hours per day and 365 days per year!
You’ll love the natural smooth feeling of your hair and the de-frizz effect many of these homemade leave in conditioners provide. Most recipes take five minutes or less to make and last you at least a month, depending on the frequency of use.
1. Jojoba and Almond Oil Leave-In Conditioner [For Dry Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- Jojoba oil – 5 ounces.
- Sweet almond oil – 5 ounces.
- Vegetable glycerin – 1 ounce.
- Rosemary essential oil – 15 drops.
Pour all the ingredients in a spray bottle, give them a good shake, and stir. Don’t worry if they’re not fully incorporated, each one of the ingredients has a different consistency. Thus, even though most are oils, they won’t fully incorporate into the solution. Add water until the spray bottle is almost full and give the DIY leave in conditioner another good shake. Here it is, your own leave in conditioner carrying amazing properties for your hair. Just remember to shake it before each use.
2. Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil Leave-In Conditioner [For Curly Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well incorporated.
Apply to wet hair starting from the middle of the head and running all the way down to the ends. As you do this, twist the hair around your finger to encourage curls.
Air dry or blow dry and style as usual.
Use this after every shower for beautiful, natural and bouncy curls!
3. Rosemary and Lemon Juice Leave-In Conditioner [For Oily Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- Camomile tea
- 1/2 TBS rosemary
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c. water
Heat up 1 and a half cup of water and put in into a jar to steep with the two chamomile tea bags. Leave it for 20 mins.
Mash the rosemary in a bowl to get all the oil in it.
Remove the tea bags and stir in the lemon juice.
Now add tea and lemon juice into that rosemary bowl, stir well. Let this mixture sit for an entire day to get the rosemary to steep as much as possible.
Strain that mixture to remove the rosemary leaves from your conditioner, and put in a spray bottle.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar and Vegetable Glycerin Leave-In Conditioner [For Tangled Hair]
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vegetable glycerin
- 1 tsp. almond oil
- distilled water
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
Add all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well to combine. Spray hair with a light mist ( you may need more for tougher tangles) brush or comb through the hair.
5. Jojoba and Avocado Oil Leave-In Conditioner [For Dry and Thin Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil
- 1 TBS avocado oil
- Lavender oil
- 1/2 cup of water
Add all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well to combine. Spray onto wet hair with a light mist and leave your hair air dried. Just remember to shake it before each use.
6. Aloe Vera Gel and Ylang Ylang Oil Leave-In Conditioner [For Breakage & Thin Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe Vera juice – 2 tablespoons
- Essential oils – 6 drops (optional)
- Ylang-ylang oil – 2 teaspoons
- Castor oil – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut water – 2-4 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
Place the coconut oil in a pot on low heat and mix in the other ingredients as soon as it starts to melt. Then, turn off the stove and allow the mixture to reach room temperature. This DIY leave in conditioner will make your hair grow faster, but it will also make it grow thicker thanks to the ylang-ylang & castor oils.
7. Lavender Oil and Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner [For Dry and Thin Hair – Hair Growth Stimulating]
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp. shea butter
- 2 tsp. jojoba oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
…Click on Arrow Button to read full post